To undertake practical research into the archaeology of Thanet, support local professional archaeologists in excavations and post-excavation activities, generally foster and promote interest in local history by means of public lectures, public displays and school activities.
We welcome all applications for membership to Isle of Thanet Archaeological Society. Members who cannot get involved in our local activities are able to keep in touch with what’s going on in local archaeology through our regular email bulletin and newsletter ‘Earthworm’, which is published three times a year. Our membership benefits include;
- preferential entrance fees to all talks,
- copies of the monthly newsletter “Bulletin” with all the latest news of both Society and local events,
- copies of “Earthworm” which is published 3 times a year and has in-depth articles and news from the world of archaeology,
- the chance to take part in hands-on archaeology,
- the use of our extensive library,
- social events.
We welcome any contributions and letters via the IOTAS mailbox, firstname.lastname@example.org
Under 18: £10
Household (2+ people at the same address): £30
Our membership year runs from 1st April to 31st March each year. If you are thinking of joining towards the end of a membership year please enquire about available concessions.