Welcome to the website of the Isle of Thanet Archaeological Society!
We are an active Society of enthusiastic amateurs, based in the Isle of Thanet, in the east of the County of Kent in South-East England.
The aims of our Society are ‘to promote, for the benefit and education of the general public, the study of the archaeology and history of the Isle of Thanet’.
Our activities include:
- Regular Members’ Evenings
- Programme of talks
- Archaeological Investigations and Excavations
- Providing displays at events and in museums
- Social activities: Wine and Wisdom and Christmas Dinner
- Walks, visits, holidays, day and weekend trips
- Fundraising to support our activities
IOTAS is a registered charity, No. 275659